Tuesday 27 January 2015

Gold Mica Flakes

 
 
Good morning all my fellow blogger's and newbies
and I would just like to welcome two new followers
who are
Ewelina Nowak and Maria Maksimova welcome to
my little piece blogland.
If twelve months ago you would have said that I
would have a blog and making new friends I
would have said you were mad.
But 12 months down the line I'm here blogging
every day and I'm loving it.
And I've made some lovely friends.
An I thank you all for your support.
 
What are you all up to today.
I'm off to pick my brand New Car up and I'm so excited.
and then it's back t my craft room as I've got some
DT Blog cards to get finished.
 
Now back to todays card I've used some
gold Mica Flakes that I got a couple of years ago
and I've not used them much so I thought it's
time I got them out again.
 
To Make this card I started with a 8"-8" cream card
I then cut a mat at 73/4"-73/4"
out of white card. The I cut a cream mat at
71/2"-71/2" which I embossed with a paisley design
embossing folder.
 
I then cut a strip a polka dot card which I
added to the bottom of my card front.
Next out of cream card I die cut a border i'm sorry
I just cant remember the name of this die.
I added it on to the join across my card.
 
Next I covered a piece of white card and covered
it with doublesided sticky.
I then cut it with the largest die in the
Spellbinders Decorative ovals die set.
I then peeled the backing off the sticky and I covered it
with the mica flakes. what you must
remember is don't emboss when using double sided
sticky sheet or it will all brake up
when you try to get it out of the die.
 
I then added this to the centre of my card.
Next I cut the smaller die from the set out of
white polka card.
Then I printed a sentiment out on the PC.
and I then cut this one out with the smallest die.
I added this one on to the polka dot one.
I added the across my large topper.
I added some diamante swirls.. 
To finish I tied a large bow out of gold
crushed silk ribbon. I added this to the
bottom corner. I then tied a smaller bow out
of cream seam binding I added it on to my
gold bow with my hot glue gun.
Then I added a pearl to the centre of the bow. 
 
That's all for today and I hope you like it
as much as I do. It would be lovely if you
could leave me you thoughts on this card.
I do really appreciate them.
 
Many Thanks
 
Debs xxx

No comments: